Information for Parents
Exe Hockey Club is an England Hockey ClubMark accredited club (re-accredited March 2019) recognising that the Club provides a safe, effective and child friendly environment. This means that we also have Sport England Clubmark accreditation, a nationally recognised award for sports clubs.
Please ensure that you are aware of the Club Policies and Procedures available to view in the 'Club Documents' section.
Code of Conduct for parents
1. Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
2. Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
3. Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
4. Never force your child to take part in sport.
5. Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
6. Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
7. Publicly accept officials’ judgments.
8. Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
9. Use correct and proper language at all times.
10. Always be aware of where your child is playing, what time they need fetching and if you do not transport them yourself who is in charge of them.
To view all of the Club's adopted policies please log in to the members area.
As a Club we have a Development Selection Policy and also support the England Hockey Player Pathway. The Pathway starts at School or Club and gives youngsters the opportunity to attend County based Development Centres. For more information please have a look at full information on the Devon Junior Hockey website.